Dr. Heninger was raised in Belen, New Mexico. He graduated with his Bachelor’s degree in 1997 from New Mexico State University. Dr. Heninger then attended Texas Tech where he received his Master’s (MS) degree in 2000 in Reproductive Physiology. Upon completion of his work at Texas Tech, he moved to College Station to attend Texas A&M (Gig Em’) to begin his PhD work in the same field. In 2003 he was accepted to Veterinary School in Canada. Dr. Heninger worked to complete both his PhD at Texas A&M in 2005 and his DVM degree in 2007 at the Ontario Veterinary College in Guelph, Ontario, Canada.
Dr. Heninger met his wife Jennifer while obtaining his masters degree at Texas Tech. They were married in 2004 and have 2 beautiful children; Noah and Samantha. Jennifer currently is the Finance Director for JBKnowledge, Inc. located in Downtown Bryan and has been with them since 2004.
Dr. Heninger is an avid outdoorsman. He is also a firearms enthusiast and enjoys custom built firearms, as well as handloading ammunition for long distance precision. He participates in local Cowboy Action shooting matches, skeet and trap, and long range F-class matches when work allows.
* Reproductive veterinarian for SDP Buffalo Ranch(High quality cutting horse ranch in Weatherford, TX).
* Associate veterinarian at I-20 Animal Medical Center, a 13-doctor small animal emergency and referral center in Arlington, Texas; one of the largest and busiest 13 doctor practices in the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex.
* Associate at Beard Navasota Veterinary Clinic, a busy 6-doctor mixed-animal practice in Navasota, TX.
* Full time associate at Los Lunas Animal Clinic, New Mexico’s equine referral center for medical and surgical emergencies and AAHA approved small animal clinic.
* Associate at PetER, a Small Animal Emergency clinic in New Mexico.
* PhD in Reproductive Physiology from Texas A&M University (Whoop!) with special interests in embryo transfer, frozen semen, advanced artificial insemination techniques and reproductive disease/fertility evaluations for small and large animals.
* Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Ontario Veterinary College, Guelph Ontario Canada
* Master’s degree in Reproductive Physiology from Texas Tech University
* USDA accredited as well as DEA/DPS certified.
* Bachelors of Science from New Mexico State University.